The highly anticipated Windows 10 is finally here. It has been several years since the last time Windows released a new version, and Windows 8 wasn’t well received. The interface issues with Windows 8 probably make you wonder if it’s worth the hassle again. If you decide to proceed with the upgrade (if you are a current CS customer please make sure to let us know before you begin) here is a quick How To guide.
- Check System Requirements to make sure your device is compatible.
- Backup your data!
- Go to the Download Windows 10 If you are on a 32-bit version, then you need to download the 32-bit tool; if you’re on a 64-bit version then get the 64-bit tool.
If you need to check your Windows version:
Right click on My Computer or This PC in File Explorer ->
Go to Properties ->
Find it under System – System Type.
- Run the 32-bit tool or 64-bit tool, and select the Upgrade Your PC option. Windows 10 will begin downloading.
- Select Keep Personal files and Apps to ensure that you will have your files and applications in place after the upgrade.
- The installation will start and reboot automatically as needed.
- You will have a chance to customize system settings, depending on your preferences and needs.
- After the upgrades is done, you can enjoy the new Windows 10 immediately!
If you need to restore previous Windows version:
Go to Settings – Update & Security ->
Choose the option “Go Back to Windows 7 or Windows 8.1”.