We are happy to continue our #techfacts series with 10 more curious technology facts we definitely think you should know. Why? Because they reflect the power of evolution, and are a constant reminder that technology evolves rapidly and we could miss essential advancements in a blink of an eye.
Are you connected to technology as you should? Are you constantly updated with the advancements? We can help you stay in line with the best of what technology has to offer for your business. Let’s meet and show you the way. Get in touch with us!
Now, here are 10 cool technology facts you should know:
- The first disk drive to use removable media was the IBM 1311. Even if it was the size of a washing machine, it had a storage capacity of fewer than 5 megabytes.
- Amazon.com did not start as a complete e-commerce business but just as an online bookstore.
On an average at least 6000 viruses are created every month. Scared? With the right IT Support, you shouldn’t!
- The first 1 GB hard drive was announced by IBM in 1980 which had a price tag of $40,000!
- In 1936, the Russians made a computer that ran on water.
- The first web browser was invented in 1990 by Sir Tim Berners-Lee. It was called as the “WorldWideWeb” (not to be confused with WWW). Later, it was renamed as the “Nexus”.
- The first website that went online was “info.cern.ch”, which was also created by Tim Berners-Lee at the research lab CERN 1990.
- The first public cell phone call was made on April 3, 1973 by Martin Cooper.
- The first alarm clock was designed for one person and could only go off at 4am – when they had to get up and get ready for work. An adjustable alarm clock was not created for another 60 years.
- Around the year 1500, Leonardo da Vinci sketched plans for a robot.